COVID-19 Information for Parents
Returning to School Safely Webinar
Our community has begun to embark on an extraordinary school year with many unknowns. By planning carefully and taking health precautions both individually and collectively, our community can work together to support safe student learning and growth using a hybrid model of instruction (a combination of in-person and distance learning).
With Dr. Penny Borenstein, County Health Officer; James Brescia, Ed.D., SLO County Superintendent; and local San Luis Obispo County school district superintendents
SLO County School Reopening
Checklists to Guide Parents, Guardians, and Caregivers – For many families, school will look different this year than it has in previous years. Your school may offer virtual learning or have new policies and practices in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19 during in-person learning. Whatever the situation, these checklists are intended to help parents, guardians, and caregivers, plan and prepare for the upcoming school year.
Library and Reading Resources
- Paso Robles City Library: https://www.prcity.
- Online story time with Ms. Sally (Atascadero branch): https://www.youtube.com/
playlist?list= PLgbTGJ85BxlAynCR6pbNB3TlRNLiD DdTD
- Digital Library: https://slolibrary.
Food Access Resources in San Luis Obispo County
- Free School Meals in SLO County – see flyer English I Spanish or USDA “
- Food Distributions, Food Pantries and Meal Sites – for a complete list of sites near you, visit the SLO Food Bank’s online Food Locator
- CalFresh – California’s food stamps (SNAP) program. Apply to get up to $194 a month per household member on an EBT card. Apply online in 10 minutes at GetCalFresh.org. During April and May, CalFresh recipients will automatically receive the maximum benefit amount – CalFresh Extra Food Assistance During COVID-19 flyer English I Spanish
- Women, Infants and Children (WIC) – can help provide healthy foods and resources for women that are pregnant, just had a baby or have children under the age of five. Learn more or text SLOWIC to 85511
- Food Delivery for Self-Isolating Residents – the County of San Luis Obispo will deliver food and prescriptions to self-isolating seniors (65+) and others who are self-isolating because of chronic medical conditions. Learn more at ReadySLO.org
- Meals for Seniors – free meals are served M-F, 12-1 pm for individuals aged 60+ at ten meal service centers throughout San Luis Obispo County. Call 805-541-3312 or visit mealsthatconnect.org for more information
- Market Match at Farmers’ Markets – farmers’ markets are still open and safety measures are in place to ensure social distancing. Stretch your food dollars using your CalFresh EBT card at participating markets. *Please note Thursday evening SLO Downtown Farmers’ Market is cancelled until further notice
- *For a list of additional local resources and up-to-date information, please visit: www.ReadySLO.org
School Wellness Resources